Monday, January 10, 2011

Holiday Hits 3

The next gifts came from my wife. She found a great deal at the local Walmart and picked up a couple of boxes of 07-08 Hot Prospects Blaster boxes.

The Hot Prospects blasters come with 11 packs per box and 4 cards per pack. These packs really never contain any inserts because the seeding for rc's is 1:100 and 1:100 for numbered hot commodities. So essentially you need to buy 5 boxes before you can expect an insert and there are also game-used cards as well but they do not give you the odds of those hits.

From the three boxes, I was almost able to finish the whole base set when combined with a few random packs I picked up over the years. I really like the design of these cards and am going to try and finish the 1-100 set. Box 1 had no surprises and based on the odds I suggested above, it really was no surprise. Box 2 did have a treat and for a moment I thought it was going to be something great, but it turned out to be nothing more than a Tomas Popperle rc #'d to 999. Box 3 also had a nice surprise with a game used card lurking in one of the packs. I found a Mike Cammalleri Hot Materials card. Not a bad find, I can't tell you what the odds of finding that one were, but I was very happy to find it.



This one looks exactly like the one I pulled. This is my first Cammalleri G-U so I won't mind adding this to my little collection. As for Popperle, I don't believe I could care less, if anyone out there is a fan of his send me a line and I will send it your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment