Friday, June 17, 2011

Maxim Noreau is a Devil?

Well with the draft about a week away and focusing my excitement in that direction I almost missed out on a pretty interesting trade. I received the news this morning when it was announced yesterday that the Devils acquired Maxim Noreau from the Minnesota Wild in exchange for minor-league forward David McIntyre.


I love it when that happens. You pick up a card that appears much more relevant to your collection a few days or weeks after you get it. I really hope he is able to be an offensive defenseman at the NHL level. The Devils really have been missing that puck-moving catalyst since the departure of Brian Rafalski and with Andy Greene not quite living up to expectations Noreau is a very cheap gamble. If he ends up being an Enstrom like d-man I think he could have a good long stay with the Devils who need some serious back-end offensive help!

No comments:

Post a Comment