Wednesday, July 25, 2012

09-10 UD Ultimate - Colin Wilson Auto

As I have mentioned before, I love prospecting and the card falls in that category. I took a less than 2 dollar flyer on this rookie year auto of Colin Wilson. This isn't an official rookie card because it is an insert from the 09-10 Ultimate set, but I do like these cards and I have a bit of a loose definition on rookies so that card fits the bill.

This past season, Colin hit a career high of 35 points while playing with the Preds and that was in just 68 games. I don't see any Art Ross trophies in his future, but I honestly think that Colin possesses 60 points a year potential go along with a solid 20 - 30 goals a season. 


Yesterday, the Preds signed Colin Wilson to a 3 year extension for a cool 2 million a year. Certainly they feel he has more to offer and want his services for the next few seasons. If he continues to grow and improve, this could be a pretty good deal for the Predators and a chance to earn a really big pay day in a couple of seasons for Colin.

1 comment: