Friday, July 27, 2012

Brandon Whitney IP Auto

This past draft, everyone in my area was focused on where Brandon Whitney would end up. Turns out he didn't get drafted as high as some expect, but I believe the Blackhawks had themselves a steal of a pick by getting this kid in the 7th round. I had a chance to chat with him a couple of times before the draft and he even joined in a class soccer game (played goalie of course).

Personally, I think he could be stopping NHL rubber in less than 5 years, but of course goalies are a hard position to scout and anything can happen. He has good size and ability, I hope he continues to grow and gets his chance at the next level in a couple years. I expect he will be in the QMJHL this coming season and then maybe a pro league in the next 2 years.


I have a little write-up about him over at Dirtydangle.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment