Sunday, August 19, 2012

Viktor Stalberg Future Watch Rookie

The same day a few months back when I acquired my first football card, I also landed a pretty nice deal on an 08-09 SP Authentic Viktor Stalberg Future Watch rookie. 

First looking at the card, I am really happy with the design. The card looks solid with a good spot for an autograph and a relatively unique modern look. These are numbered to 999 and as far as auto rookies go, they are rather plentiful, but like the Young Gun rookies hold a pretty good value.

Viktor proved to Toronto this past season that he was worth keeping as he nearly doubled his goal output with the Chicago Blackhawks with 22 goals and 43 points. Certainly a nice breakout season and at the age of 26 is likely hitting his stride and prime. I suspect he can easily match those numbers in the seasons coming, but it is hard to say if he can do even better. At three bucks, this card was a no-brainer for me and the auto itself is attractive and fun to own.

No comments:

Post a Comment