Sunday, December 15, 2013

Watch out for scammers!

Trying the mobile app thing again here. Saw this auction a few days ago, starting bid was set to 24.99 and until today, no action. However, 20 min to go, someone decided to make a move and bid! This card is more fake than....you can fill in the blank.



Since when did the Sidney Crosby phenomenal beginnings box set have memorabilia cards? Autos yes, 87 of them I think but no swatch ones.


Our scammer has a back scan too. No Richard guarantee on the back confirms my suspicions. Hard to believe someone with a 1000+ sales and 100% rating on eBay would sell this stuff but here is an example! BTW they do sell other cards too so clearly they are sellers in the hobby.

4 comments:

  1. Man... the new owner is going to be in for a rude awakening when this card arrives at his/her doorstep. I know I've seen a few eBay sellers who sell custom cards... but each of them has clearly advertised their homemade creations. I almost bid on a cool Jackie Robinson custom, because it looked so cool. However... I wasn't willing to pay more than a few bucks for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. There is nothing wrong with custom cards or cutting/combining current cards, as long as that's what you advertise them as.

      Delete
  2. Great point Fuji and you are right. If this was labelled as a custom, I would be fine with it but this was posted with info suggesting it was all legit and UD created.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah... that's just shady. It's weird that he has perfect feedback. Maybe he doesn't realize it's a fake. I'm sure the buyer will definitely complain.

      Delete