Saturday, December 5, 2015

Scott Weiland....Thank You.

Being a blog primarily about hockey and hobby means that this post is a little out of place but since it is my blog and I have written about other stuff in the past this post isn't completely unheard of. The other day I was floored when I heard that Scott Weiland passed away. I know it isn't supposed to be a huge surprise given the lifestyle he had and the numerous poor choices but when you consider how much drugs other people have done and survived you had to figure Scott wasn't as bad as they were. But fact of the matter is we are all different and we all owe a death and I guess it was Scott's time.

I have been a fan of his since the early 90's and have followed his career closely and have enjoyed nearly his entire catalogue of music. I even enjoyed his Christmas album called The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year where I believe he truly demonstrated what an amazing performer he was. It is with great sadness as a fan that I will no longer be hearing any new material but I figured I would throw a simple post out there about one of my favourite performers and a song that I seem to never tire of hearing.



2 comments:

  1. I was surprised to hear this news too.

    Such a great talent.

    But just couldn't escape his demons.

    Been listening to a bunch of his stuff this weekend.

    Good song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess there is always one positive in situations like this as their music tends to be a focus and is appreciated by those who knew them all along and by others who might be discovering them for the first time.

      Delete