Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Another BAP auto lot

About a year and a half ago, I decided that I needed to increase my autograph collection. At the time it was probably around 20-30 autos. Today I think my collection has increased into the 200 range. Part of the reason are TTM's and the other are Be a Player Lot purchases. I have picked up a several over the last few months and here is one of them.

The lot had 7 cards and my winning bid was $5.51 plus shipping.

The main reason I bought the lot was for shoot-out stud Jack Johnson. I am a pretty big fan of his and I have wanted an auto for some time. When this lot came up, I was hoping I could get it for under 7 bucks and sure enough I did. These are all from the 07-08 BAP set which sorta makes it a rookie auto for the people like me with a "loose" definition of a rookie.

This was prior to the trade that shipped him to hobby hell where all cards tank in value aka Columbus. His auto is an excellent example of great penmanship.

The rest of the autos are pretty cool too!
Here are Chris Phillips (already had one of his), Keith Ballard and Pierre-Marc Bouchard.


The final three are Johan Hedberg (another reason for the lot), Jere Lehtinen and Kris Russell (another rookie auto).

I try and limit my bids to the cost of postage believe it or not. I usually say an auto through the mail will cost me between 1.50 and 2 bucks. If I can land the auto from under 1.50 each with shipping I will do it. Not that I wouldn't enjoy writing them a letter, but my time these days is pretty limited, so if I can spent that time writing someone who's autos are more expensive, then I can accomplish more on a tighter budget.

3 comments:

  1. NIce lot, looks like you stole that one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I have about 70 Be A Palyer autos from various years...Let me know if you are interested and I can put a BIN offer up...20 autos for 25$..plus shipping.....let me know, and I'll send u a list.Cheers!
    Eric @echute88@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete