Sunday, September 23, 2012

1953-54 Parkhurst - Milt Schmidt

The 12th card I have added to my 53-54 Parkhurst set might be the nicest card I will ever land for the set in terms of condition. I have cropped the card to show what the corners look like and really they are the only flaw on an otherwise flawless card. Even the price I paid was excellent and I would do it again in a heart-beat. I am trying to make sure that most of my cards for this set are around VG or higher, but sometimes when you get the lot deals it is hard to pass up nailing several off the list while sacrificing some condition. Either way, this card will certainly improve my overall set average thus far and I have a few more to share in the coming weeks.

53-54 Parkhurst #92 Milt Schmidt
 As you can see from the front, nice colouring, an awesome card and the second card I have featuring a Bruins captain from that season. The corners have a tiny bit of wear when you look at them up close, but they are pretty sharp!

Back side
The back side is also clean, a little aging on the back, but that is pretty typical of a card from 60 years ago. This card is from Milt's third last season and if you look at his numbers from that year, he was still playing some good hockey at the age of 35.

I love this card and I really am getting into this set more and more! I am sure a few are getting sick and tired of hearing it, but I might even finish this set before the 51 set. Time will tell, but I am catching up with the other set 24 from the 51 set (1 new one to share) and 18 from the 53 set (6 more to share).

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this card as much as I did, it has also inspired me to try and track down a Milt Schmidt auto! Guys like him are true treasures and won't be around for much longer!

6 comments:

  1. So jealous of this one, this is one Schmidt card I've yet to track down. One of the game's true good guys and a personal favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card - I've never even seen that one in person. That set is progressing nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Dave...nice pick up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a million for the great comments, I am glad you guys enjoy the card as much as I do!

    ReplyDelete