Thursday, October 11, 2012

Hockey Traveling Box

Graciously borrowed image from Badwax.net

Chemgod over at Badwax has been running what I think is a very cool idea, a traveling box. The rules were pretty simple for baseball and I would like to propose the same rules (verbatim) what was done for baseball. I would be up for changing them if we can think of ways to improve it, but I think we need to start somewhere so here it is:

  • Donate 2 or 3 star game used, rookie card, short print, or autographed cards. 
  • Each card should be assigned a book value. 
  • For every card you want out of the box you must replace with a card of your own of equal value. 
  • You can take as many as you want, as long as you replace what you take.I would start a facebook group for this so that when you get the box and decide what you want to take you can report it on facebook.

If you have any interest please send me an email to forestrydave at hotmail dot com. Mike and I are already interested and if we can get 8-10 guys it certainly will be lots of fun and more the merrier! 

5 comments:

  1. I thought Chemgod's idea for the Traveling Box was awesome. I think a Traveling Hockey Box is awesome-er!

    Count me in. I'll send an email, but I think this is a fun idea and wanted to show my support here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vintage? (Says the guy who doesn't have much of the other stuff)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea too. I'm facebookless but would be a willing participant nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Facebook isn't a must, I can do the updates for people and vintage....sure... It is whatever people want to share and if you share vintage it might inspire someone to put vintage back!

    I am glad we are getting responses already!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am also facebookless Dave but would love to participate!

    ReplyDelete