Tuesday, January 22, 2013

With their first pick in the 2031 NHL Draft, the Devils select...

Here is a short and very sweet post. Earlier today, like 12:48 am, my wife gave birth to my second child and my second son. When we named our first son my wife liked the name Quinn and so did I. If he was a boy there was no doubt there. This latest addition, we had two names. Both were names she came up with and both were good names, but in the end Rhett was the winner. 

Of course names always bring up other memories, and here are my two.

Believe it or not, Rhett Warrener was my first thought....




And the other "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn!"


So there you have it, my family is bigger, more male and the Devils have a new fan as long as there are no lockouts and my latest Son doesn't decide to cheer for a different club (which he is more than welcome to, I don't brain-wash).

I am very proud of my wife and son, they did extremely well and it certainly puts the rest of life into perspective when you witness the miracle of life!

16 comments:

  1. Congrats, man! I, too, am trying to raise a hockey fan, but my four-year-old told me that her favorite hockey team is "The Butterflies." Oh well, at least it isn't the Flyers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! That is awesome! The first "Rhett" that cam to mind was Rhett Rakashi or something... Think he plays for the Islanders... has a card in the 2010-11 Score Rookies and Traded set. but CONGRATS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is fantastic news!! Congratulations to you both and I hope that mama and baby are both doing well

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big props to you, your son, your wife and your new boy. Enjoy the lack of sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huge congrats!

    Greatest thing in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats, man! Glad everyone is well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! We're in the beginning stages of expecting our first. Looking at an early September due date.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that is awesome! Congrats to you too Jason. It is life changing and all in the good way!

      Delete
  8. Congrats Dave!
    You need one more little guy and you got a forward line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mark... Convince him we need more :). Tonight all three will be cheering on the Devils.

      Julia

      Delete
  9. Thanks everyone, I appreciate all the great comments and I hope to continue to make time posting on here and reading all your great blogs!

    ReplyDelete