Friday, March 15, 2013

70-71 OPC Bobby Orr Conn Smythe - Maybe time to call this blog tape stained cards?

Funny I know, I may have more tape stained cards than any other collector out there by now. Fact is, there are some amazing deals in my LCS on vintage tape stained cards. This latest offering was less than 10 dollars for a card that is in excellent shape if you can look past the tape. Back side is clean and perfect with a portion of a puzzle.


70-71 OPC #252  Bobby Orr Conn Smythe Award Winner 
Card books for 60 and typically they sell online for every bit of that and more. I don't think I would personally shell out that much for this card so getting one in rough shape is perfect for a guy like me. If it was a regular base card I would go all out, but Trophy cards and stuff like that are pretty low on my collectors list. However, it is the best defenseman of all-time, so all cards of his are somewhat desirable to me.

1 comment:

  1. I had some like that with the other tape variation - the dreaded paper loss on the back from being taped in an album.

    I did once pick up an Orr with tape to see whether it would come off, but I've never had the nerve to try.

    ReplyDelete