Sunday, September 1, 2013

Not all hard feelings Clarkie...

I must admit that with some recent eBay sales, it isn't all hard feelings now between me and Clarkson. He gave me indirectly 400% of what I paid on one of his cards and 1000% of what I paid on another. Those types of returns make me wish I spent more heavily on him but alas who can predict the future. So as a parting gift with my last one selling I was without a Clarkson auto so to commemorate our good times I did purchase a nice low-end auto for 2.50. Here it is:

09-10 BAP David Clarkson Auto
Nothing special here, I just didn't want to sell off all my autos without keeping one. So I sold off my valuable ones and replaced them with a cheap one. I used the rest of the proceeds to purchase an amazing insert set from 73-74 OPC and an equally amazing card from 33-34 OPC. I will share both when they arrive. Thanks David for the good memories and helping me land some pretty amazing cards that I wouldn't have otherwise likely been able to purchase. I also want to share a few more cards I was able to buy thanks to selling off my Raphael Diaz Rookie Patch Auto. That will be my next post!

4 comments:

  1. Definitely looking forward to seeing that insert set and card from the '30s!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess you're talking the team rings logo set---revived in this years OPC--picked these up in the 80's for 25 cents a piece--those were the days

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well called Al! It saddens me to know end to know all the deals I missed out on like that and 50 dollar Howe rookies.

      Delete