Thursday, January 14, 2016

13-14 Contenders Matt Tennyson Auto Rookie


Not all my posts are killer cards and white whales. Here's a guppy for everything to say meh over. I rescued this card from the cheap bin. When I discovered it, it was living in a penny sleeve mashed between cards in top loaders and it was $1.50 for anyone who wanted it. I paid a dollar and brought it home from the pound (LCS).

Matt Tennyson is a semi-regular player with the Sharks so right off the bat this card is worth owning! Matt was undrafted but signed as a free agent with the Sharks after three pretty solid years of college hockey. Currently he is the 7th defenseman on the depth chart so he doesn't play everyday and given the best that Brent Burns is on offense I suspect Matt will have trouble climbing the depth chart this season. Brent Burns really has nothing to do with that, I just wanted to make reference to the awesome season he's having. Matt has 1 goal and 2 assists so far this season in his limited work but I believe in a season or two with the Sharks or another club he could be a 5th or 6th d-man scoring 15-20 points a year.

13-14 Contenders Matt Tennyson Auto Rookie
Interesting auto to say the least and was applied via sticker on a typical rookie ticket design. These ones aren't numbered but I am sure there are plenty enough out there for all Tennyson fans. Worth the cost and for a dollar I had another subject for a post.

2 comments:

  1. That's a pretty nice card. I'd forgotten that Panini did their Contenders line for hockey a few years ago. Might have to try to find some of these for myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah definitely worth checking out some singles. Even boxes are pretty reduced and offer amazing value. I picked up two in the summer and will share the results on here soon!

      Delete