Wednesday, July 20, 2016

The Best Brodeur Card In My Collection....

Been busy so far this summer with Daddy Daycare and marking provincial exams but I am pleased to be back posting again. Back in the fall I came across a card that made my jaw drop. True the card isn't licensed but there is so much to the card that I feel a photo would take away from the card anyway.

The card started off with a very ambitious price and slowly dropped and dropped. Eventually it got low enough where I contacted the seller and we arranged a very nice price on this gem!

Famous Fabrics First Edition Martin Brodeur Stick /09

I love the size of this piece and the prime location off the stick. Words certainly don't back my appreciation of this card. This was the stick style Marty used during his Olympic Gold Medal run in 2002 and his Stanley Cup run in 2003 so the fact that it could have come from any of those time periods makes it that much more special.

Backside with the authenticity statement.


If a picture says a thousand words, then I believe I am done this post, thanks for stopping by and hope you enjoyed the pics! Quick question, for those bloggers so scan slabbed cards, what methods do you use? I have had a hard time trying to digitize a bunch of pickups and have resorted to a camera but even then it presents challenges so I am open to any help out there!

5 comments:

  1. Wow what a card Dave! Just awesome. Scanning slabbed cards is a struggle. Mine come out a bit better if I do them in a dark room and leave the lid for the scanner wide open. Still not as clear as I'd like them to be though, I think I need a different type of scanner entirely...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shane! I have always felt your scans were good and I will give your technique a try. It's a shame they are so difficult to scan given their prevalence in the hobby now.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations. I haven't officially started to PC Brodeur, but I have slowly accumulated some of his cards over the years. As for scanning graded cards, mine always turn out blurry. Your scans look 10x better than mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fuji! I like hearing non-Devils fans picking up some Marty cards. I'm pleased that this scan came out ok. It was probably the 30th photo I took. This one was taken outdoors on a cloudy day with a digital camera.

      Delete
    2. The next time there's an overcast day here in SJ, I'll be sure to grab my slabbed cards and my camera. Thanks for sharing the tip.

      Delete