Friday, October 21, 2016

13-14 National Treasures Adam Henrique Treasured Steel /5

Speaking of skates....I have a bit more of Mr. Henrique's skates and here it is!

13-14 National Treasures Adam Henrique Treasured Steel /5
This card is both thick and HEAVY. I am in awe of this card and every time I look at it I smile. The design on the front is very simplistic and while the absence of colours can hurt some designs, I believe it works really really well here. Just black, silver and white is essentially all you see here (with the exception of his face). I wonder if they ever considered a black and white photo?

My lone complaint is the blade is actually upside down and I would have preferred the curved part that touched the ice to be down. There is a plastic cover over the card for those wondering so you can't touch the steel directly.

 
Here is the back side of the card. Again a very simplistic and clean design. The red really pops out in the Devils emblem and the story on the back is a cool one. For those interested in a little extra reading, here is a blog post by Panini America which talks about this particular insert set. Thanks for stopping by, no more Henrique skate pieces next time, I promise!

5 comments:

  1. Wow I'd never even heard of a skate blade card before, you're really assembling an impressive Henrique collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never seen a skate card before either. Way cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reading the Panini blog, I actually think the version you have is nicer than the 1/1. In my opinion putting the autograph over the skate piece detracts as it limits the view if the skate itself. Not that I'd turn one down if somebody gave me one, lol

      Delete
    2. Thanks Billy! I actually wondered that when I linked up the blog page who might own that card and what I would have been willing to pay. In the end I love the copy I have, and don't see myself chasing down the auto 1/1.

      Delete
  3. Thanks Shane! 6 Years ago, I never saw myself chasing particular players like this but I certainly have changed and love the concept at least on a small scale.

    ReplyDelete